I did this in the spring on commission. Pretty large size for me, so it was a real challenge balancing the amount of detail and keeping a good flow moving throughout the image without creating a nightmare for myself. It was for an office environment, so I tried to keep the creatures rather humanesque and benign in nature.
And -- ya know -- let me take this moment to curse the posting editor here, which is frustrating as hell. I've spent half an hour trying to make this image show up properly. In fact, I can't get it to show up properly. I give up.
[ *EDIT: Thanks Davi, hopefully I will be able to remember this for the future, since I always end up fumbling around with it. The difficulties with the interface are exacerbated by the antiquity of my system. ] :P
Airbrushed Acrylic on Paper • 30"x60"
...And a couple of detail shots. Sorry that these aren't very good pics. I did a poor job of stitching several snaps together, the graininess is because I have a crappy digital camera, and I got glare or shadow over large sections, so it's all a bit off.