Here's what I've been working on lately -- WIP version of my newest maquette. His name is Bucephalus, after the horse of Alexander the great.. whose name means ox head (or bull head, or something like that). He's going to have a rider, whose head you can see in the corner there. It's my first attempt at using doll's hair on one of these things, and it's gone so well I may just have to do it again! Pretty simple to do and works a treat. As you can see, I've also made a number of packs and stuff to put on his back -- I'm going to paint him first, paint the packs and attach it all together later. Ehh.. I'll work that stuff out as I go. I've also got some plans for reins, but we'll have to see how that goes as well.
It's not much of a guess to find out that I've always really loved Dinotopia (James Gurney has a truly excellent blog that he updates pretty much daily, for those who are interested). Though I don't think the people in Dinotopia would be so crass as to put a bridle on a Styracosaurus, it's not source material so much as inspiration!